Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Odyssey


Maybe it's a little conceited of me to compare myself to Odysseus, but fresh out of Bolton's narrative theory class, I couldn't think of another analogy. So bear with me on this one.
I started this blog to consolidate all those e-mails to my parents, FB messages to my friends and flashy postcards to my real friends (...joking) into one easily accessible memoir.

In a couple of weeks' time, I start half a year of extensive travel. It begins with research for a travel fellowship I was awarded this year, which will take me to Morocco and Spain. After a brief visit with my parents back in Kuwait, I then commence on a global semester abroad with the International Honors Program. My program, which will deal with issues of urban culture, sociology and sustainability, takes a group of 30 students to different points around the globe for comparative analysis. On my roster are the following cities: Detroit (USA, 2 weeks); Sao Paulo & Curitiba (Brazil, 4 weeks); Cape Town (South Africa, 5 weeks); Hanoi (Vietnam, 5 weeks). Quite the whirlwind tour.
So follow me on my travels as I learn more about the world and myself in turn.
A bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment